Feedings?

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I will leave mine on between 7 and 10 hours. More than that and you will have algae problems. I will feed mine when I first turn on the lights, between 9am and 11am. They get so excited when I turn the light on because they know its breakfast time LOL.

I am glad to hear they are fattening up! I do the same, pellets in the morning (its the more solid food) and the flakes in the evening. Mine also get some zucchini that I clip onto the front glass and they munch on it all day. That is very good for them too. I used to put a chunk on a rock held with a rubber-band, but my male Electric Yellow would steal it and take it in his cave LOL. I got a veggie clip from the fish store and now everyone gets some. You should try it :-)

a70m1c

by a70m1c

I put whole zuccuni's in my tank. stick a stainless steal spoon through it and drop it too the bottom.

my lights stay for 9 hrs.

from lunch to 9 at night. gives me a chance to see them after work.

i feed granule in the morning. about enough so its gone in a minute.

i feed frozen foods at night.

hope this helps.

milky648

by milky648

My lights come on at 1 pm and turn of at 9 pm but i get up at 6 am to go to work, i turn the living room light on let them get usto it feed them then 630 am i turn it off.

milky648

by milky648

my baby african are growing fast im feeding them 3 times a day thats good right/

Feedings?

14 posts • Page 2 of 2