Tank is Cycled!! What Amount of Cichlids can I add??

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

beachywoman

by beachywoman

I do have rocks and several small flower pots for them now. I just haven't posted any new pictures yet. Thanks for all suggestions! I will try to get new pics up soon.

serpaepleco

by serpaepleco

I would add a hardy fish in first to finish up any cycling.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you are such a wealth of knowledge .... serp

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

lol, agreed. What exactly did you add(name of fish)?? It is a better idea to add fish in trio's or foursums with africans. The males will be able to spread aggression over more fish instead of the one fish getting the crap kicked out of it.

beachywoman

by beachywoman

I added 2 peacocks. One is very small and the other is medium in size. I will get some pics posted. I am purchasing from a local breeder. He actually has his main store in Florida but also has some at his home. His store is http://bluegrassaquatics.com

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Having fun yet :-) Staring a new tank is always a blast!!

I have a question tho. In your post above you said you purchased 2 African cichlids. Can you tell us what kind they are? The reason I ask is because if they are Mbuna, they can be much too aggressive for a peacock to be able to handle. It is advised against mixing peacocks and Mbuna. I am no expert, just wanting to help so you don't end up with a mess of aggression and hurt fish.

:-)

beachywoman

by beachywoman

I am having a blast!! I am dealing with a little bit of cloudy water right now but all the numbers are in check so I am really not to worried. Actually I am looking at adding only Haps and Peacocks to my tank. I actually did alot of research on this website and others to try to get as much info on types of Cichlids before purchasing them. I am going to get those pics as soon as the cloudy water clears.. I am having some aggression issues already but it seems to be changing daily. I am really worried about one guy. There are 2 going at him at all times. I am going to gather all the names of them and post it. Thank you for your help!! I appreciate all the help I can get.

Tank is Cycled!! What Amount of Cichlids can I add??

17 posts • Page 2 of 2