normal behaviour?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

bonese

normal behaviour?

by bonese

Hey everyone i have 3 ebjd, the largest, chases the two smaller ones and tries to nip at them. When the smaller ones stand up for themselves he goes near them and sort of wags is entire body at the other fish.

is he a male?
is this a mating behaviour?

ive also seen them after the wagging was done grab eacchother by the mouth like the challenge of rams so im thinking its a mating behaviour rather then aggression. but i still am not sure

dizzcat

by dizzcat

First off, what is an EBJD? That might help you get some answers. :-)

bonese

by bonese

electric blue jack dempsey, i know there are things about how there spawn will not be healthy but i have heard one person raised them so i am not hopeless and am interested in just learning about fish behaviours in general

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

The major prob I have with electric blue jack dempseys is the way they get them electric blue, it cuts a few years off their regular life, not fair IMHO.

Anyways, does the 'wag' kinda look like a seizure??

bonese

by bonese

not like a seizure more like a rub not a ich rub though because, their just isnt any ich. lol

i know its a sticky situation with the hybrid non hybrid talk.

ive heard there definatly hybrids but then ive heard people defend them as their own its a god argument. Whatever they are i want to just make them chill and be happy.

do you guys have email? or a faster way of talking to oneanother?

normal behaviour?

5 posts