HELP! I've got the Ich

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kelbri

HELP! I've got the Ich

by kelbri

I've already lost 3 to the ich, and I'm afraid I'll loose more. Need some help/advice on how to get rid of this. I have read a bit already, and they say to turn up the temperature to no more than 82 F (I am already at 80 F) and to add salt. What about remedies from the lfs? Do they work? Should I be doing more/less water changes?

HELP please!!!!

bonese

by bonese

Ive used the API ich product and it did work but you have to follow the directions carefully. however after i used it the toll of my death toll was 2 puffers. Theyre prone to ich and now i just dont deal with the ich at all. just treat your tank once and see if it helps?

kelbri

by kelbri

Thanks, I'm going to pick somrthing up later. I already lost 2 young angels and a neon tetra to it. Need to try and nip this in the butt.

vwfan79

by vwfan79

I had Ich about a month ago after adding a new fish this article was posted on my thread and it has a lot of useful info it was written about dwarf puffers but the concept is the same for all fish.

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/forum/viewt ... &sk=t&sd=a

jweb

by jweb

check my site, i wrote up a good article on ich
http://www.aquatricks.com/fishdiseases/ich.html

kelbri

by kelbri

Well, sad news, we lost Flakey, our big angel. We started our treatment, warmer water and the API cure, so hopefully we can save everyone else. If not, I'm gonna try a cichlid tank. Love the colors, but don't wanna go saltwater just yet. Thanks for the help guys.

bonese

by bonese

Sorry to hear about your angel.

If you go for a aggressive tank
my only advice for this is to stay FAR FAR away from puffers
my experience, puffers = ich.

i dont know about anyone else though.

jweb

by jweb

If you want someone else to decide which fish then just let us know. We can possible help you with fish selection.

kelbri

by kelbri

Well, I have good news, and bad news. We lost everyone in the tank except the 2 fire belly gouramis and our chinese algae eater. The algae eater didn't seem to get ich at all... Does anybody know if they are immune to it, or just much hardier against it? The good news is that it looks like it has finally cleared up for the most part. Just a couple more spots on one of the gouramis, and hopefully we're done with it. Later this week, if all looks well, we're gonna restart building our tank. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that gouramis and cichlids are not compatable... I don't know if we'll do angels again though. Back to the drawing board. Any suggestions?

bonese

by bonese

you could try a semi aggressive community?

rams, barbs loaches, maybe get away with a less aggressive south american cichlid or just straight cichlids no guoramis

HELP! I've got the Ich

12 posts • Page 1 of 2