what fish to add to my tank

21 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

first off, my tank is no where near over crowded, if you go by the inch to gallon i could still fit another 10 inches of fish in there, second off my coment was rude yes but i was making sure that troy got good advise that will help him not set him up for failure.
angels at minimum need 30is gallons per fish i a 37 gallon i could say you could very easly fit 2 even 3 in there possibly 4 if you have a massive amount of filtration and stay on top of you water changes. you have 7 a full grown angel depending on wht type you have will get arounds 6is inches..... 6 x 7 is........42.....pluss say another 5 inches for your gouramis then 4 for you pleco 51 inches of fish in a 37 gallon tank, you can not tell me that you tank is not overstocked. you say you angles are all small and all of the will probally not make it. what is the point of adding fish if you dont think they will make it

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

do you work at petco?

burtonboarder

by burtonboarder

Alk is right, you don't know what you are talking about

jeepjenn

by jeepjenn

ok u guys are way too funny and very entertaining, look all my fish are alive and very well so im obviously doin something right and if you knew anything about fish u would know that when u first buy angels there is a good chance that they all wont make it as with alot of fish, anyway my tank is very tall and has plenty of room, and no i dont work at petco lol. so on another note my advice to tory was not to add all the same fish i have silly but to make sure she has plenty of cover, you can house a variety of fish. now obviously not oscars and very agressive fish im sure even a newbie would know that, plus the place where she buys the fish would steer her clear of that. anyway i hope ur done runnin it cuz im sick of trying to explain myself to someone with a brain the size of a neon tetra. LMAO
Last edited by jeepjenn on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burtonboarder

by burtonboarder

umm okay...
I could actualy give less than 2 shits about how your tanks doing
but whatever do what you want...

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Variety is nice, but when you have one of everything (emphasizing the final point here) it can lead to lots of stressed fish and premature death when overstocked, and I'm gonna have to agree with everyone here jj, you are.
Fish display much more natural behavior when they're kept in schools as at least 75% available in tropical community aquaria like to be. Schools are generally regarded as 6 or more of the same species.
Add more at your own risk. I'd at least keep it as is.
Lets not get all bent out of shape eh. Constructive criticism is far better than destructive denial..

jeepjenn

by jeepjenn

oh i wouldnt mind your advice if i asked for it but i didnt, so im alil confused as 2 why everyone is trying to tell me how to set up my tank and not the person who has asked for the advice. but like i said my tanks are fine and my fish are still alive so as far as im concerned your advice is not needed or wanted, but ill give u credit for trying to act like u know what ur talking about, good luck with your fish i hope they all die!!!! LMAO

burtonboarder

by burtonboarder

TM was actualy being really nice about it
me on the other hand will not be

being retarded must run in your family cause you and your mom are very un experienced
and I dont have to worry about my fish dying because I actualy take care of my tank, and dont over stock it
im sure your fish WISH they were dead, im sure I would
and buddy I dont think im experienced, cause ive only had my tank for like 3 years
so thanks

and you can stop commenting on this thread because I am not going to bother commenting back
LATUR

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you got me i dont know what i am talking about

jeepjenn

by jeepjenn

wtf does my mom have to do with it, you are such and idiot go get your head checked
Last edited by jeepjenn on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

what fish to add to my tank

21 posts • Page 2 of 3