Need feedback on these tanks (not sure which to buy)

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

acerkai640

by acerkai640

to me i would say the first one seems like a better deal, you dont need to buy a filter, heater, rock, gravel, and deco.... just add water and fish (after cycled ofcorse).

i dont think the gal diff is worth another $250-$300 ( in the long run)
filter- 150
heater- 40-50 (200 watt)
gravel- 15 a bag (3)
decos- atleast 50

just my opinion tho
-acer-

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Yeah, I think the first one is a better value, too. The second tank looks really pretty with the canopy and all, but it's a lot cheaper to find a canopy for your tank than ALL those other essentials. I've spent a LOT of time looking at CL for tanks, and that is a pretty damn good deal. 60 gallons and accessories for that? Yeah. Definitely.

adamcore

by adamcore

yeah...I was sort of thinking the same thing. Wasnt really sure if the extra 16 gallons was going to make much of a difference.

The price difference is only 50 dollars though. But you think the first one is the better choice? Already spoke to both of the people...just have to decide on which one lol

decisions decisions

adamcore

by adamcore

Do you think the Fluval 304 filter will be good enough for the 60g? Or should I be looking at buying something else as well to assist in the filtering?

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

It looks like that's rated for 70 gallons, so yes, that should be fine. Couldn't hurt to have an extra HOB filter or something if you so desire, though.

dehn

by dehn

That 75 has a much larger footprint and he offered a sump with it, I would go for the 75.

The 60 is 12 inches deep (not tall, deep), the 75 should be 18...big difference on what fish you can keep. The sump is the way to go as well.

Definately a toss up though, due to accessories. Plan to grow in your needs though.

I picked up my last 55G with stand all accessories and some salt water stuff for 50 bucks off of CL. I say wait, or get the 75.

Seriously, both are a bit high for CL.

acerkai640

by acerkai640

well yeah he did say a sump is available but at the right price it says. but i have a fluval 304 filled with carbon and a rio 2100 interal filter with 3 sponges on it thats my bio filter and the 304 is my chem filter or viseversa i forget. but yeah i love mine. my tank is a 115 long and it is crystal clear. i can see eveything in it and thro the glass on the other side and so on. my tank is 6' long so yeah i love mine and its EXTREMELY quiet, the only noise i hear is the bubbles popping at the surface from my air tube.
-acer-

dehn

by dehn

Yea, I agree that the tank deal isnt bad with the cannister, but the stand is the cheap WalMart one, runs like 60 bucks new....and the tanks are definately cheap on CL if you wait.

The Fluval filter is the best part of the deal, but I would still wait on a better stand and tank if I was gonna spend over 100. As nuts as it is, people really let go of smoking deals if you just wait em out.

I would go for the larger footprint tank, always, but the inclusive deal is hard to pass if you like the setup. And the filtration with it is pretty smokin, again, if you are happy with the tank itself!

I'm cycling my new 120 now ACER, and because of a hose vs PVC choice, and my sump in the hall behind the tank, I have the silent running too.....you're right though, a good cannister system is sooooo much quieter than a sump!

Good advice all in here adamcore, good hunting!

dehn

by dehn

Need feedback on these tanks (not sure which to buy)

14 posts • Page 1 of 2