Ideas needed for recently vacated 33-long

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

get some frogs, red ear turtles, chamelons and plenty insects.

I plan to use a 20 gallon aquarium I have in the garage to do just that in the coming weeks. A friend just gave me a parakeet so I bought another parakeet to keep it company.

So between fish in one tank, frogs/turtles/chamelons in another one, and 2 birds in a cage, the music studio is turning into a minature-size zoo.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Well, I already have dogs, cats, rats, and loads of fish, so I'm not sure I want to add turtles and chameleons into the mix, but that is a good idea that I hadn't thought of.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

You have rats? Awww! My daughter had a couple for 2 years and I just ADORED them!! I HAD to get them out and cuddle them all the time, even tho I am highly allergic to them. They are the sweetest critters there is!!

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Oh they're adorable. It's so weird that people think rats are gross, but hamsters and gerbils and guinea pigs are cuddly. Rats are cuddly AND smart. I actually got one of them for free from PetSmart because he was "too old" to sell. I assumed he'd die within a few months because of that, but I think their definition of "too old" is that they've been in the store for six months...

Did some reading, found out they need to be in groups, and voila, I have TWO rats. They're about to get upgraded to a big rat condo, too... double the size of their current house.

Maybe I should turn this 33-gallon into a swimming pool for them. Rats are good swimmers.

fishboy711

by fishboy711

Get some Julidochromis. They are a beautiful variety of African cichlid that live in 'colonies'. They are quite easy to breed, and when they do, they are absolutely fascinating.

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

damn, those dwarf chilids are cool
but at the fish store near here they are like 20$ each
but I could also get a discus for that price

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Dude, you can get discus for $20? Around here they're all at least $90...

Ideas needed for recently vacated 33-long

17 posts • Page 2 of 2