So excited! Bolivian Rams spawned!!

46 posts • Page 5 of 5

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Was wondering if I was all alone here today! LOL

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Day 7:
They are swimming enough to stick to the sides of the breeder net today. I found an angel picking on something on the side and looking closer I realized it was a tail of a poor little wiggler! I will have to watch close today to make sure this doesn't happen to all of them!

So, they are making little 1 inch spurts now! The egg saks are almost absorbed and I have my frozen BBS ready for when they start to swim :-)

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Day 8:
:-( They didn't make it. I stopped seeing movement last night and this morning they are dead. I don't know why, everything was going so good. They were starting to swim along the bottom of their net.

Bummer!

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I noticed with my angelfish fry that they needed the brine shrimp a little bit before they started free-swimming... they'd detach from the leaf, grab the shrimp, and then mom or dad would put them back on the leaf. Maybe they needed food sooner...

Sorry it didn't work out. :( Maybe Dad will have more luck raising them next time.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I wondered the same thing myself. I have always read to feed them a day after they became free swimming and that is what I am going by. The first batch they had I didn't feed until I saw them all swimming with the folks. Maybe the parents fed them ground up food?

Yeah, next time I will remove the mom and leave the dad with them.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I wondered the same thing myself. I have always read to feed them a day after they became free swimming and that is what I am going by. The first batch they had I didn't feed until I saw them all swimming with the folks. Maybe the parents fed them ground up food?

Yeah, next time I will remove the mom and leave the dad with them.

So excited! Bolivian Rams spawned!!

46 posts • Page 5 of 5