is this combination ok

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

if you don't get a filter quick, your fish will die big time. Ammonia levels will build up because of all the fish poop and if there is no filter, your fish will suffocate literally to death.

I hate to sound crude here, but it would be like going to the bathroom in your house or residence, never flushing the tiolet for weeks...I think you get the drift.

You need to get a good filter like a Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel 200 for like $25.00 each at Dr Fosters & Smith. You need to get water test kits or else you won't know what your nitrite, nitrate and ammonia levels are.

But first and foremost, you must get a filter. I am sure others as well as myself can promise you one thing only: in a few weeks, all your fish will be dead because there is no filter. A filter is the first thing you get outside of a heater, lighting and areation/pumps, or else all those things go to waste.

I don't know exactly what you were thinking but if there's one thing you learn from this thread is: GET A FILTER!!!!!!!

gumbii

by gumbii

koi carps in a 20 inch tank...???

have you seen a full grown koi before...? they are about four feet long... don't ever put a koi in a fish tank... they need ponds...

the auratus will eventually kill everything in the tank including the other auratus...

gold fish also need a 20g tank for themselves, and 10g of room for any other fish in a tank... but personally... i don't think goldfish also go in tanks... my goldfish are 10" long... they're like almost a pound each...

also... my goldfish and koi sleep outside... sometimes the temperature drops to 30-40 degrees F... i've seen goldfish and koi in ponds that have been frozen over... my goldfish growout tubs are heated to 80 degrees though... they eat 4 times a day and the high temps make them grow like weeds...

if you're straped for cash at least get some sponge filters... geez...

you should of investigated and done some research before wasting your money and getting those poor fish...

Dinarian7002

by Dinarian7002

yeah guys i did buy a filter yesterday!! and did set it up!! thanks for all your valuable comments!! i never knew the importance of filters!! and only now am learning things through experiments!!
as i said earlier now i have two tanks!! with filter fixed, and the tank also seems to be crystal clear and everythign is visible!!
thanks

now my one tank have
4 golden fishes,3black and sunshine mollies, 1 Zebra Molly ,1 red zebra, 2 koi carp + 1 tank cleaner( donno the name its supposed to be some albanian variety atleast thats wat the shopkeeper told me)

and my other tank has2 tank cleaners albaninan and a black color one 8 tigerbarb, 2 black widow tetra and 2 auratus!! trust me these guys are amazing!! and spend atleast couple of hours a day watching these auratus in the tank!! in this tank i've setup fewstones and shells, and its amaziong to see these auratus trying to explore every possbile corner nad go through smallest of small gaps!!

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Sooo when ya installing the pond for that koi?

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

It's great that you're really into the hobby and so receptive to learning, but keep in mind that you are "experimenting" with living animals. If you are going to take this responsibility, you owe it to the animals depending on you to provide a healthy environment. Filters are basic equipment, not optional. You really need to do some research before taking any more fish home. And do *not* listen to the guy at the store, he's selling fish. You don't get car advice from the car salesman....

Zambize

Dinarian7002

by Dinarian7002

ya thakns a lot guys now i ahve about three tanks with all d above mentioned fishes in various tanks!! i've just postponed my plan of setting up a cichlid tank, and i'm spending time in sorting out the fishes that i'm having!! now they are a lot better!! and i just bought a filter! and my tank is crystal clear!! and the fishes seem to enjoy a lot!! thanks a lot guys am having lots of fun!!

is this combination ok

16 posts • Page 2 of 2