Preparing for Apisto Cacutoides..

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Well I think I'm going to retest the waters...I've removed all "lead" plant weights as since I used them the plants have all established firm roots..

What kind of synodontis were you thinking of gumbii? I'm going to a LFS about 45mi away tomorrow to see what I can dig up. I was thinking of getting some panda corys to stir the bottom a bit more than the raphael...he loafs too much, even at night. I can only move so much stuff to gravel vacuum and I think the organic crap at the bottom might be feeding the algae.

I'm getting some amano shrimp to clear up my algae problem. I can't get the brown/green fuzzy stuff (think its brush algae) under control no matter how little I feed.

Top-growth of plants is green but only for about a week. All the lower leaves get swallowed up by algae. I fear it may lead to rot and death of all the plants. I have an inverse problem with the corkscrew vals and onion plants. Algae is annihilating the tops of them. lol Guess cuase they grow from bottom up. My foreground stuff (msword and d.baby tears) is only surviving, and not growing due to being swallowed up...

I'm holding off for now on more rams. I think I'm gonna find a new home for those tetras first, if I can..

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Aha. 4 Panda corys, 8 amanos. The amanos are going to town on my algae. WOOHOO. Hopefully my dime sized ones won't disappear in the night and get all gobbled up by the raphael..he looked like he was going to eat one of the real small panda corys shortly after I put them in...

gumbii

by gumbii

sorry... pc's in the shop...

i was going to say syn. petricola... but they are a hard to get catfish... stay away from lace cat fish... those things grow fast and huge... syn. ocellifer is also good... multipictactus, angelicus, and decorus are my favorite synodontis cats...

and good luck with those amanos...

Preparing for Apisto Cacutoides..

13 posts • Page 2 of 2