Harsh ratings?

62 posts • Page 4 of 7

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Are we harsh on each others ratings?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 18

jweb1369

by jweb1369

did you know a bullshark has the bite pressure of 3,000 tons per sq ft.

gumbii

by gumbii

you guys need a LFS like strictly fish... or neptune's reef... or even tongs... man... they're nothing but fish... no puppies birds or other crap... and they all usually have some rare ass fish... i mean rare... like L43's and wild shell dwellers...

jweb1369

by jweb1369

yea i wish. but not a big enough market for it here i dont think. panama city has about 350,000 people but it is spread out hugely. their are like 15 cities refered to as panama city. I live in lynn haven, there is also springfield, parker, callaway, greenhead, millville, st andrews, panama city beach, rosemary beach, and many more. each having their own schools and stuff.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

You know the movie the Truman Show? that was filmed close to panama city beach, in Sea Side. Which is an unrealisticly clean and perfect beach community for millionaires. It is amazing to go there it is like being in a movie.

gumbii

by gumbii

fayt...? sucks for you...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I have the Truman Show on dvd, I think it is one of the greatest movie ever made...but what does that have to do with rating fish tanks? lol

I think people on this forum can learn a lot from Peterkarig. Look at his tank, very natural. If I were a fish I'd want rocks/ledges, live plants, and cool compatible fish to hang around with.

I plan to go completely natural within the next 90 days. I want t get all the fish I plan to get, then wait a little while for the water conditions/bacteria to reach their utmost level (I figure a good 6 months, my tank will well established), then go completely natural: driftwood, natural rocks/ledges and live plants.

We keep forgetting who has to live in our tanks 24/7. I am more for the fish's interests than looking cool to the world. If the tank gets a big fat zero, then so be it. I am sure if the fish could rate the tanks, if a fish thought their living arrangements were well cared for, I am sure the fish would rate it a big fat 10. Fish careless if the tank has all the colors of the rainbow or all the gadgets man has created. Fish want a world of their own.

I bet if you take a fish/fishes and place them in a tank with all the Walmart goodies known to mankind, the fish would sense it as horrible. But if the same fish were put in a driftwood/rocks/ledges/live plant tank, it would feel right at home.

It's instinct boys & girls. Instinct. You must ask yourself, where would a fish feel most naturally at home? I ask myself this all the time. After being on this web site, after viewing many tanks and after reading many forums/issues, I have come to the conclusion, that a natural tank is much better than a half natural tank (like mine) or a completely artificial tank.

I think we tend to think of fish as some stupid little fellas. But think about it, without fish, where would we be right now as humans? We all came from the sea...I do not want to get all philosophical here, but come on guys, even a simpleton knows that without water we all die.

Respect the fish you have, treat them right, and I am sure your fish will live a very long time, and believe it or not, will be happy.

Did he say, happy? A fish happy?

Absolutely, a fish can and will be happy...or else it will be miserable, ill and die.

Fish first all...then us humans. How's that for a Golden Rule? (((smiles)))

jweb1369

by jweb1369

So what do you guys think of my tank? Any suggestions/ways to make things better or comments?

gumbii

by gumbii

it's cute newb... and i say it with a hint of sarcasm...

lol... but srsly... you need MOAR lighting... i would light that sucka up... srs... bro... no wait... srs...

i i like the rock work... very simple and effective... but i would rock more slate, and pile it on top of eachother... but that's just my preference... and my style of tank decor...

seankh

by seankh

I honestly dont care about the ratings. I use the site more for the advise. I love my tank and i like for other people to see it.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Okay thanks Gumbii. I will buy more slate when I get my school loan, hahaha. I planned on that anyways. It's only $1.87 for a 6"x12" slab. So it's pretty inexpensive. Where do I buy a double light fixture?? None of my LPS have these...

Harsh ratings?

62 posts • Page 4 of 7