Harsh ratings?

62 posts • Page 2 of 7

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Are we harsh on each others ratings?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 18

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

exactly zambize...it's part of the fun

plain & simple

FUN!!!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Yea. Why not? I think it's fun too. There's also no moderators to but up the discourse. I got banned from another huge forum because the mods had huge egos and kept editing out anything I used to defend myself. If I only knew where the punk lived he'd be sorry. Anyway, that's all a waste of time and energy. There's a nice balance here at RMFT forum with it's posters, and the rating part as well as all the pics of all kinds of cool fish just makes it better.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I just rate it as I see it taking everything into account. Aesthetics, as well as setup. Color variations, fish choices/compatability, inventiveness/ingenuity. One thing i don't like to see a lot of is store bought everything. I mean okay one or two decor pieces that are LPS bought are fine, but when everything looks like one of those pictures on the side of a 5 gallon fish tank box I get kinda amazed at how little effort some put into their tanks. Also naturalness of the tank is a big swing for me. If a tank has bright pink gravel or the like im ashamed at the person (sorry for being honest).

Another thing, I don't rate 10's because no tank is completely perfect to me. There is always some way to improve it. I might rate an 8 if it is close to perfection imo. I have never rated a 0-2. That's very harsh and i mean come on. It has to be a complete F' up of a tank to rate it that, haha.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm kind of into creating miniature landscapes with plants, rocks, and wood. Maybe I'd use a Japanese garden type temple or tea house for perspective.

gumbii

by gumbii

bah... i vote no... and i've also said it many times... everyone has thier own likes and dislikes...

also... i'm not reading all of those post above me... psh... fail...

anyways... people shouldn't get hurt on what other peoples think... it's just the internetz... it's not like this is the ms universe competition of tanks... i was thrilled when i made it to first place on the top ten... but then i was like bah... and i don't even know what i'm rated at anymore... but that's because i'm a forum whore and don't care anymore...

i agree that people put hard work into thier tanks... i remember telling the idiot freshwater pleco some stuff about this... even if some guy has face neon blue gravel, they still put alot of thought and effort into thier tanks and should be proud of it... i say like 80% of people that see thier tanks will be impressed and in awe for thier walmart decorated fish tank...

only hardcore enthusiast like all of they(us) will say different... not everyone likes the natural look of aquariums, and only a small percentage of people know what the natural look is... when i talk about my tanks to friends and other people, they're like... why would you put those ugly plain rocks into a fish tank...??? lol... they expect to see the fish tank in finding nemo when i say i have a saltwater fish tank... hahahahdkfaljdfaksjdf...

i just saw finding nemo last night... so much kick assery...

anyways... people shouldn't get hurt on the votes they get...

srsly... bro...

bro....

srsly...

plus... not everybody is baller enough to have a tank with 100lbs of tahiti moon sand... or to have 200lbs of texas holley rock... or a huge forest of lush green four leaf clovers...

srsly...

bro...

stop...

/fail...

jweb1369

by jweb1369

haha im happy with 480ish ranking. I think it is deserved. I don't care much to be rated the best. Everyone I know loves my tanks and I inspire others to start tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

hmm... i'm 131 out of eleventy jillion...

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I believe most people who rate also just give it a quick glance and rate on first sight only. They are just browsing photos. if i had 131 i would be ecstatic.

gumbii

by gumbii

really...? bah...

i think my homies tank is rated way higher than mine... he was in first place for 3 weeks... and i helped him design the entire thing...

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Haha, so consider it your rating as well as partly your tank.

Harsh ratings?

62 posts • Page 2 of 7