Well I finally did it,got 2 new members for the happy family

28 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

rw1298

by rw1298

the oscars will eat so much that they will have to lay down for a while. But you guys are all correct oscars need alot of room my last pair got about 16 inches and the 75 gallon they were in bairly suited them.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

That is the key, they will need eventually, but not at the present.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

There isn't anything wrong with *planning* to upgrade for your fish, but when it was suggested earlier that you'd need a bigger tank, you said, "Hope not. Surely the 2 oscars can handle the 30 gallon." When I read that I get jumpy because I don't sense any real plan or commitment. That just gets my juices flowing.

Zambize

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

when he said they were too big for the tank, it was like right then too big for the 30

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

You should reread the post. He only said one line, "Are you going to move them to a larger tank eventually?" To which you replied "Hope not..."

I remember our previous discussion on this topic was when you posted a picture of a tank seriously overloaded with Platy (or Molly). Most people in that thread told you the same thing about the tank being too small, just like in this thread. I don't understand it.

Zambize

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Z, Not to take any stabs here but I think the horse is dead. =P You can put the stick down. lol

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

T - (ow, ow! stop stabbing me!)

It's never dead as long as I'm sure a live animal is going to suffer. Besides, my point above was a new one -- this is not an isolated incident, or simply "not knowing". Overcrowding a small tank has been discussed before, this is a trend.

Besides, no post is dead until people stop responding!

Z

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Well, these fish here have not sufferred at all so you can quit worrying and bashing me. None have died, but for a couple that got sucked to the water filter tube, then 1 neon out of 14 came down with the disease that they are prone to. The overcrowded tank before was not harming the fish, NONE died and were perfectly happy, so that is you all's opinion on that rule of thumb business that I proved wrong, but I did get a bigger tank because I wanted to see the fish in a bigger tank. I may think that since you have pH problems where you live that you are going to constantly harm fish. I know you are trying to correct the pH, but to keep experimenting to correct the pH could harm the fish and it has from several posts about them dropping like flies, but I'm not going to obscess over it. Those oscars I have are not overcrowded. It would be stupid to put 2 little oscars in a 125 gallon tank by themselves because about 2 years from now, they will need it. That is why they are in the 30 now and still have plenty room and when the time comes and they get to big for that tank, then they will go to the 125, and I'll put some of those other fish in the 30, but until then, they will stay in the 30 and be happy there, so go bash someone else.

Well I finally did it,got 2 new members for the happy family

28 posts • Page 3 of 3