come on people we need to be more friendly :D

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

oscar's beuty or beast?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:51 pm

beauty
29%
beast
57%
unsure
14%

Total votes : 14

chilli

by chilli

i recieved a comment saying that my fish .. two oscars were repulsive i just wanted to ask the majority what they thought about them as i find they are the most beautiful and fun fish to keep , they are real pets. thanks :)
Last edited by chilli on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

I wouldn't say they are the most beautiful and fun fish to keep because personally I like community tanks the best. I will agree that they are amazing to look at and I've wanted to buy another tank just to have a couple of them. Oscars defiantly have a lot of personality. Don't let what people say get to you. If you like it thats all that matters.

Mike0372983

Re: comment i recieved and was slightly insulted by...

by Mike0372983

PS that was me that sent that comment and I wasn't saying that YOUR oscars are ugly... my uncle has one and I just think that overall that they are not the coolest fish. Sorry if it insulted you but i think that oscars are a waste of fish!

chilli

by chilli

hey thanks for taking the time to vote, i think that these fish are just more fun to keep as they have personalitys unlike a community tank where they swim around aimlessly, ill admit they may be a bit piggish but i think that adds to their beauty. thanks again keep at it :D p.s. mike037 i didnt take it literally i even left a smiley face at the end of the comment :D

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

okay, I will admit that I was slightly insuting but let's just make up and not be mad at eachother. I take back my comment and let's be friends.

Sorry, do you forgive me?
(I almost broke my ribs the day I made that comment, probably made me mad)

chilli

by chilli

hey .. yeah i didnt hold a gudge anyway, im fine with you im used to people saying stuff about oscars lol sorry for the stuff ive said too cheers mate :D

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I love how you guys have gotten so chummy and have made up and all. I think oscars look kind of cool, though I have some talapia, which I think might show some similar qualities as they are very interactive with the humans who watch my tanks, dig pits in the gravel and hang out in them, can be very aggressive, or very community oriented, are total gluttenous eaters, even trying to eat while food is completely still sticking out of their mouths. Regardless, what insults me is when I spend a great deal of time giving my time and experience earned advise to people here and get no responses for my thoughtfulness and effort. Am I expecting too much? Do I come off in a negetive way? I don't know. The only member who has writen me back in 2 months of foruming is Brandon, 'poetic irony'. Maybe when I get some pics in of my tanks I'll get some more responses. Peter

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

I agree, he has been the only person that has responded to me. I am thanking you Brandon (Poetic Irony)

chilli

by chilli

i think you are right really there isnt really a big enough friendly community all the posts are how do i do stuff and what do i do i think we should be a bit morefriendly and have discussions not just ask questions, thanks for the post mate

OscarFan18

by OscarFan18

Oscars are the greatest ^-^ they are like dogs. They have the most wonderful personality. They have a face that only a true Oscar lover can love!

10 posts