Do you feed frozen foods?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

my severums and paralyptos tear up the crickets... i cut up the meal worms for some of the fish... depending on the size...

thisfish884485

by thisfish884485

Crickets are a great way to pass parasite to fish

gumbii

by gumbii

i've been feeding crickets to mostly all of my fish for more than ten years now... and i've never had a problem with parasites... plus since most of my fish are wild i'm pretty sure that my store raised/fed crickets are alot healthier than the ones that they are used to eating in the wild... or other insects they munch on...

i've seen my koi/goldfish eating june bugs, wasp, bees, flies, fruit flies, and mosquitos before... basicly anything that comes near the ponds... you would think that they would get sick from eating those guys right...?

spraky1413

by spraky1413

The only fish in my tank that likes the cyclopeez are my leaf fish and the bichirs.The gourami spits them out. My leaf fish will swallow a flake of reg. food, but then it just comes out of his gills (odd...). The leaf fish and the bichirs love blood worms. My bichirs also love earthworms. Looks like they're slurping a spaghetti noodle.

thisfish884485

by thisfish884485

How do you tell if a fish has a tapeworm? or nematode? its not something thats always easy to notice. Im not saying that bugs are bad Im saying store bought crickets dont live in the cleanesrt enviroment and are quick to spread disease as they eat each other. That and that they are know for carrying parasites. Kind of like the feeder fish at the pet store. Those are some nasty little guppies but its because of the care they recieve. Thats what im saying

Do you feed frozen foods?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2