planted tank

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

which is most immportant for a planted tank?

filtering
No votes
lighting
80%
substrate
No votes
Co2
No votes
plant nutrients
20%

Total votes : 5

Mike0372983

planted tank

by Mike0372983

out of the four things I am about to list, please list from most immportant to least immportant.
-lighting
-Co2 injection
-filtering-
-substrate
??? and which do you need for a succesfull planted tank?

jweb1369

by jweb1369

you cannot really get a 100% answer on that question. All of the above are important, and will eventually play a role in your plant growth. If all of the parameters are met, your plants will be beautiful colors and grow very well. If you are on a budget, I would just make sure you get good lighting, filtration, decent substrate. anything else is just extras that help out.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I don't have C02 injection, just a regular filter for the fish, sand substrate and regular lighting. Until I started adding the plant nutrients I had no growth and a lot of die off. Once I started using it my plants started to grow and flower. I use low light plants and swords. That has been my experience with plants.

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

but I mean list them form most immportant to least immportant... but I heard that lighting is very immportant but havent got to putting a new bulb in, and I do use some nutrients as well. No special gravel and a power filter. So I am thinking of getting anew filter because the one I have now is way too loud, more nutrients, some special gravel to make an underlayer and NO Co2. Thanks for the help...

planted tank

4 posts