Planted tank Issues

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

RyanIrvine877

Planted tank Issues

by RyanIrvine877

By know means am i new to fish keeping but to plant keeping yes this is a first for me on the scale i have started this time. I recently set up a 80 gal bow front. Tank is good filter is good Did split level substrate with florite on bottom covered by 2 inches of regurlar aquarium gravel. let the tank cycle added couple fish no problems. Added all my plants. then week later the rest of my fish. No big deal. Well now i'm having some issues my Echinodorus is sprouting light green leaves with holes in them. MY red lillys same deal lighter then the rest with a couple holes. Infact almost all my plants are having the same problem yellowing color as they begin to sprout. Whats the deal can some one please help me. I'm lost right now, my only thought is that its a nutrient difficency. But the florite is still new and i'm running a co2 injection system and T5 bulbs. Water is about6.8 ph, 80 degrees F . zero nitrite and nitrate. GH15 kh 6-8 and weekly 10% water changes. WTF FOLKS. Help

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Ok. No one is responding to your post and given the probable fact that you know more about growing plants than I do I'll just say that for my own knowlege I'd like to know what is going on in your tank as well. It does sound to me like a nutrient deficiency particularly since you're using CO2 and there's probably a lot of nutrient consumption. At least your post will be on top now! Peter

Planted tank Issues

2 posts