Any Ferts Maniacs Around?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I have 0 experience with ferts...

I went to petscrap today and picked up API ''Leaf Zone''. It looks like crap in comparison with seachem flourish (but also costs $5 less) but still contains a good bit of iron which I think my substrate (flourite sand) is providing alot of in the first place.

Anyone used this stuff or flourish? Know exactly if there are any risks to fish as long as doses are followed?

Know if the beneficial parts might be removed by something like Rena's ''Bio-chem-zorb'' (which I have...) or even activated carbon.......?

Thanks.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i use flourish in my tank, and the only thing that i have noticed that it does is it lowers my P.H. about 0.1 and i add it twice a week after water changes. as far as i know it has not harmed any of my fish. But i did have Hydra appear after i started using it but i do not know if that had anything to do with it or not

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Yeah I figured they all followed the same kinda guidelines as far as being safe for aquarium fish as long as the dosages aren't exceeded.. Though I saw one with copper which I thought was really toxic for fish?(not the one I got)

Now I just need to know if using something like bio-chem zorb in my canister is going to be counter productive...or if I'd just be better off using regular activated carbon.

3 posts