fish swimming upwards

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dawgtrain

fish swimming upwards

by dawgtrain

I have a Tetra type fish swimming upwards is he on his way out???

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Mine usually flicker their fins and stay in one spot straight up and down before they go out.

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

It seems to swim in an occasional circle also and in others words he's dying??? for sure... what does he have?

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Is it a neon tetra? My had the neon tetra disease in which he became pale, lost his color and didn't hang out with the others, and then he eventually started swimming weird, then sort of just floating in one spot straight up and down by flicking his side fins. I put him a baby net to keep the others away, but he eventually died. Nitrite might have been a little high or he didn't adjust to the water change.

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

he is a serpae tetra I think is what it is . I have had him for a year or so he is one of 3 they are the orange red ones with black fins the size of a quarter or so.. He is still acting loopy.. noone bothering him though. I am debating on taking him out to a 1 gal tank. I had a small blk angel swiming like a drill for a day or so and he is fine now that was month or so ago.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I have about 7 of the serpae tetras and have not had any of them to act that way. Sorry can't help you there.

fish swimming upwards

6 posts