One-eyed mickey mouse platy

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I just uploaded pic to server and waiting for approval. In my 10 gallon tank in the bedroom, I noticed a little mickey mouse platy, probably about 4 months old, but on the small side still, had only one eye. His left eye is completely gone, didn't fall out or anything because there is nothing but orange like the rest of his body over the area where an eye would sit. There is not even an indentation where an eye socket was, smooth like the rest of his body. He seems to get along fine. I went ahead a took a pic, but will try to get a clearer pic when he isn't startled. He seems to hide and scare more easily than the rest.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

random question..... is this one of the ones that was pulled from your 30gal tank that gust exploded with all of thes live bearers? if so could inbreading have something to do with it?

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I had a mama that was pregnant for the first time that I moved to the 10 gallon and she had babies. The rest of the babies and the mama are in the 30 except 4 males. The other babies didn't have anything wrong with them, but didn't want them all in the 10. I did put 4 baby dalmations and 4 male guppies in the 10 also.

I don't think inbreeding would have anything to do with it in fish as they all school together and came from 1 mama.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Does he swim in circles?

Z

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

No, he swims normal until he is going around a rock or decoration and happens to turn towards it with the side that doesn't have the eye and runs into it, but continues on his way.

zambize

by zambize

Fishyyyyyy,

That was *joke*. LOL Swim in circles? Get it? Augh, my complex humor is wasted in text....

Zambize

7 posts