help with my 10 gallon

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

milky648

by milky648

ok yes my ph is at 7.0 and the ammonia was at 7.3 and i dont have a high tap water its nutral . I do go through the gravel , i just dont understand how it could of went from a 0.6 to a 7 in amona . Well after work ill do it again. And yes im using ammona crips remover but i havto changed . I have fedder guppies in there 12 of them ther still all alive i dont know how ok well thanks . milky

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

What kind of tester are you using? liquid tester? And its unclear from your posting what the size of tank is, is it the 125 gallon? Try to be as clear as possible what the readings were before you cleaned, then how much you cleaned and how much water was removed, and then readings after the cleaning (a few hours after cleaning so the reading is more accurate).

As for the water purifier, this will probably cause a spike in ammo or nitrite... so you must accompany it with more frequent water changes. Once a week in your case is not enough, and vacuuming should be done weekly if you have issues with ammo, not once every two weeks. And lessen feeding to every other day, once a day, your fish will be fine trust me. Once you fix your issue u can slowly start feeding normal again, but my guess is feeding has been causing this issue.

milky648

by milky648

ok ya it is liquid and i got rid of the amonnia i did 50% water change good gravel vacume and i put cycel in it took out the ammonia . thanks for ur help

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

That-Cycle-stuff-you-can-buy-everybody-thinks-is-worthless.....So,-did-you-get-the-ammonia-down-to-zero?.......I'm-overstocked-in-one-60-gallon-tank-where-I-have-4-Tilapia......There's-a-partition-between-the-2-pair-because-they-beat-each-other-up.....I-have-to-throw-them-all-in-a-bucket-and-put-them-back-in-the-lake-their-ancestors-came-from......Anyway,-the-point-is,-when-you-get-the-cycling-of-wastes-into-less-toxic-substances-with-a-good-colony-of-bacteria-and-you-do-regular-water-changes-you-shopuldn't-have-any-problems.......I-use-the-water-change-water-to-water-my-Elephant-ear-plant-which-is-growing-in-water-in-my-balcony-fountain-as-it-needs-topping-off-daily-and-the-nitrates-are-good-fertiliser.

milky648

by milky648

ya everything came down its not couldy no more change water and put cycel in all good thanks

help with my 10 gallon

15 posts • Page 2 of 2