cichlids

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

singapore

cichlids

by singapore

i have one particular cichlid that is wayyy too big for my tank now. and i want to get rid of my other ones so i can change my 55 into a saltwater. i have a 10 gal that is currently salt. i can mybe put 3 or 4 of my small ones in there after the transition, but what should i do with my big one? and maybe a few of the other big ones? do petstores take fish for free? i refuse to kill him, but i cant keep him anymore. he and his friends need a new home. . .

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Petsmart takes them back for free...at least the ones in Ontario do. I have no idea what they do with them though.

gumbii

by gumbii

my LFS gives me store credit for the fish i turn in... depending on fish and how many fish, sometimes he gives me up to 200 dollars store credit...

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

most lfs will if you have an in with them, however i would suggest keeping them and buying another tank to start up as salt water!! you can't have too many tanks setup just ask gumbii!!!
LOL

gumbii

by gumbii

i still want MOAR TANQS!!!...

singapore

by singapore

my mom wont let me have any more tanks... i think i may just run to the store downtown and see if they will take them, and maybe sell them to some new homes. but before i do, just to make sure, 6 or 7 cichlids, about 12 inches in total, that too much for a 10 gal rite?

cichlids

6 posts