Can you hear me now?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Zambize4899

Can you hear me now?

by Zambize4899

A bunch of you have been helping me through my first nitrogen cycle and my struggle with water parameters. My tank seems to have stabilized so I want to ask one more time...how are these numbers? Is this what I've been trying to achieve or do I have more work here?

pH 8.0-8.2
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 10ppm

To get the pH down I've tried spring water and peat moss. I can't tell that they helped any.

Thanks,
Zambize

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Your numbers look good in my opinion. As long as your ph is stable at this range, I wouldn't concern over it. Everything else is on par. Good job!

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

ph is a little high but if it's steady at that range it's no biggy, ph stability is more often more important that ph correctness. fish are very adaptable and will tolerate slightly higher levels of ph better than they will large ph swings. everything else looks like it's right on schedule.
Brandon

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Thanks guys. The pH is stable and I'm probably stuck with it. The pH around here is very high and I'm sure all the pet stores have high pH too so I'm assuming that any fish I buy around here are used to it. My concern is potentially buying a fish online that comes from a much lower pH environment, but I'll check with the seller if that time comes. Cool, maybe my first tank is finally cycled!

Zambize

Can you hear me now?

4 posts