updated picture of poets tank.

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Just wanted to show an updated picture of my tank and see what everyone thinks.

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/enlarge.php/18482

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

that is FUC*ING amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

if i do a fresh water tank thats what i would want..........

much respect to the poet.....good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowboss

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Thanks Boss, It's taken since november of last year to grow in like this i figure another six months af grow time and i will have start thinning out and selling chunks of the micro to the lfs. the added co2 and extra high powered lighting and the peat moss makes a huge difference, the amount of growth you can see in just a weeks time is absolutely amazing. i am trying to keep the micro grass from spreading to the entire left side of the tank and taking over the space i have for the lilies and crypts and other swords, literally i have a two inch path up front near the glass that i can vacuum and get in around the plants except for where the micro grass is. LOL i have added 20 ghost shrimp and most likely will add about 20 or thirty more as the smaller not so smart ones have become food for the discus and puffers Woops. LOL
Thanks again boss,
Brandon

kopsickk

by kopsickk

nice tank bro

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Wow! That Microsword is doing great. My co2 DIY is not nearly as nice as your system. I've got Cambota going crazy, but the moss and Microsword isn't doing much.

Did you plant that much Microsword or is most of it what you planted?

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

i bought ten nice tea cup sized chunks of the micro and planted them strategically around the one side of the tank... they filled in and have just kept going, it's nuts i tell you i am not sure how or why but this stuff has grown in like a weed and is soon to take over the entire tank. i already gave away a few clumps of it to friends and family as i need to trim it back from growing straight across the front of the tank to the other side and crowding out my lilies. have started adding liquid ferts twice a week to replace the trace elements in the water that are not there because i am using r/o water for my water changes. that too i think along with the co2 that i have keeps the plants growing at a really fast and healthy rate. i have also had to split my onions, various crypts, and money wort as they have also been going crazy. the lilies are sending up two new leaves every two days now have been cutting those back so that i can keep the light on the other lower lying plants. soon i will start setting up the spare 55 gal as a planted tank with the splits from the big tank just waiting till i have the money for another co2 system. which i hope will be soon cause my big tank is running out of room..... LOL
Thank you all for the comments!!!
Brandon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I had an accident where the filter sucked on the co2 line and ended up sucking 1/2 gallon of yeasty sugar water into the tank. Nothing died thank god, except a large snail that plugged the regular intake causing the problem, but the tank is full of bubbles and smells like beer. I've been doing water changes and it's getting better, but there's a film of grey all over the tank and I look forward to when I can afford to do co2 like you do Brandon.

Your tank looks better and better. I like the contrast between the wood on one side and the grass on the other. Very nice.

7 posts