Where'd Ya get that.

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Where did you buy your fish tank?

Petco
11%
Petsmart
11%
Friend/Family
15%
Other
63%

Total votes : 27

platipus12321

Where'd Ya get that.

by platipus12321

Just wondering where you guys have got all of you fish tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

1st one was a gift from my wife for Christmas....2nd one is from the Saltwaterpimp......3rd will be a DIY monster

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

all bought and paid for by me LOL.

thank you for the comment on my tank, i have been keeping fish for what seems like forever, first tank was a ten gallon i bought with my allowance when i when i was 8 years old. and it's been ago ever since. i feel i have reached the pinacle of what i consider in fish keeping with my planted aquarium, takes a ton of time patience and money and more time and patience. anything worth doing is worth doing right and taking your time with. i have had my shares of ups and downs but now that i have all of the kinks worked out my tank is flourishing and doing absolutely wonderful.
thanks again for the comment.
Brandon

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

My tank and some of the equipment came from a cousin's attic....back in the day it housed 2 turtles. It was origionally going to house another reptile but I decided that if it could hold water properly than I should put it to use as an aquarium.

darkruby

by darkruby

I got mine at a Great mom and pop shop in georgia called the Aviarium.

gumbii

by gumbii

most of my tanks come from yardsales, craigslist.com, recycler.com, friend's or from the trash... lol...

i have only bought two tanks from a petshop named Strictly Fish in lakewood... they have some awesome deals twice a year... 0.75 cents a gallon on glass...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Got my first tank from my parents and it was an old glass battery case I think. It was tall and rectangular, all glass, with rounded glass edges and the glass was a clear but slightly greenish color. i put a Blue Gill, a crayfish, and a lot of plants in it from ponds near my house.

I bought a few tanks at Petco, but most were from garage sales and people getting rid of tanks.

leighann

by leighann

My first tank was a 2.5 g. It has my cory cat, Freaky Fred, in it. He ate his cell mates within 4 months. I am moving him to a 10 g this week. My newest tank was a gift from my youngest daughters friend. It is a 75 g. At this point in time it is sitting empty in my bedroom. But I have spent the last 3 months reading, reading, reading and have finally found a great store (Aqua Zoo in Houston) and have purchased my filters. Next comes the lighting!

This has been the most helpful and informative site I have come across!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

When my kids were little they each got a 10 gallon for Christmas one year. I can't remember what fish were in it, but I DO remember the awful decor they had to have! My daughters was pink, with castles and mermaids, my son's was dark with skulls LOL. A year and a half ago I mentioned to my adult son I wanted a tank. he gave me his 20 gallon setup and I made it into a community with live plants and rock. Now that is a tank LOL. The bug bit! I got a 10 gallon for my baby Rams for myself last Christmas from my LFS, which is now a Tanganyikan setup with a pair of Birchardi's. Just a few weeks ago I talked my sister into giving me her 30 gallon set-up which had been sitting empty in her living room for the past 10 years!

Someone help me! I can't seem to stop! :-)

leighann

by leighann

I was just getting ready to expend the cash for a lighting system for my 75g when my plumber mentioned that his nephew had abandoned a 125g setup in his storage building. 3 weeks after that conversation he gave it to me! He is delivering it (holy cow!) next week while I am on vacation! I've gone from 10g to 200g in a year! That is what you call insane! I can hardly wait to get at least one of them cycled!

Where'd Ya get that.

15 posts • Page 1 of 2