the return of poetic irony, new planted tank pic.

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

I have recently posted a new pic of my 125 gal long planted tank, you will no longer find any fake plants in my tank. I now have several angels, along with two powder blue/turquoise discus, two pigeon blood discus, and one i'm not sure of, it's a cross between a marlboro and a smoky gray discus. am open to any suggestions, comments or advice.

Hope to hear from everyone soon,
Brandon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Welcome back Brandon! We've missed you. You missed all the drama of a month or so ago. I'll let you figure out what I'm talking about. Shouldn't be too difficult! Sweet new tank by the way. It'll be nice to see it grow in!

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

gorgeous tank!!

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Gorgeous!

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Thank you all for the responses, and WOOOT glad i missed the drama, have had enough of it at work recently... that's for another time though. the one thing that i have found with having an all planted aquarium set up is that it never stops changing and growing, being able to watch it turn into what you had envisioned from the start is an amazing thing to say the least. the extra expense is well worth it if you do it right from the start and have plenty of patience.
As a side note to peter: it was the message you sent to me with the link to nobobo that got me hooked on starting up an all live plant set up. i had been pondering the idea for quite some time and had done some research regarding the ins and outs of a planted setup but that link sealed the deal. Thank you! it's been a blast and i can see it continuing to be!
Brandon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I envy your set up and all the cool creatures you have. I used to make a Coralle out of small stones for my clams because they invariably would get stuck between the glass and a rock. They were fresh water mollusks from a swamp in upstate NY. Nobobo has a profile on this site by the way. It doesn't seem he spends much time here but just to let you know. I'm going to get a co2 system going soon as I'm trying to grow microsword and other high light plants and it would be cool to see things growing faster. You Know Nobobo doesn't use co2 right? Good to have you back Brandon. This site is quite a bit busier these days. Peter
Last edited by Peterkarig3210 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

awsome tank !!!! i have a 20 gallon long and it's 30 inches ....how long is a 125 gallon long?? wow nice tank man

poetic_irony

by poetic_irony

thanks for the welcome back everyone, is nice to see some of the ppl from awhile ago are still here and that the site is booming now!!! nobobo's tank is excellent, yeah i wonder how he gets away with out co2 injection, especially as he has soooo many plants and not as many fish... am wondering if he uses a chemgro or some other fertilizer.

snowboss, my tank is 6 ft long 2ft tall and 2ft deep roughly lol haven't measured it in awhile, although i do know that it is six feet long cause when i moved i had to stand it up on it's end on the dolly, and when i did it was slightly taller than me.

Another update as well, took out my breeding pairs of angels and moved them to a nursery tank full of anacharis and cabomba, they were getting too aggressive towards my discus, and that's a big no no, deff don't want to stress out a fish that costs a small fortune. also have recent additions to the tank now that the large angels are move, have four pea puffers, three blood red balloon platty, and 7 gold balloon belly rams. not sure how it's done and generally i would not purchase such a creation as they are a man made cross breed of fish, but i loved the color and the way they school together so now i have them, also have two knew super large fresh water clams.
again thanks to all for the welcome back, and glad to see you're still here peter, is nice to have a familiar fish addict around.

gumbii

by gumbii

hey how you doing brohiem... nice to meet you... i guess... nice tank... i've been wanting to do a planted tank, well i tried with a 25g cube, but i failed/aids...

9 posts