New Air Stone

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Do you use an air stone/ air stones in your tank?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:07 am

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 10

ChristinaBug2890

New Air Stone

by ChristinaBug2890

I just purchased a new Elite Aqua Fizz air stone today (at 99 cents how could I go wrong?) just to exparament and see how additional bubbles would look in my aquarium and I must say I was really impressed with the results...it was the smallest one available about the size of an ice cube and I figured it wouldnt do much but to my surprise it packed quite a punch. Has anyone else had these kind of results with airstones or is this just a fluke? My boyfriends mom had one that was meant to create a wall of bubbles but she had to poke holes in it with a pin to get the bubbles to come out properly. The air pump im using is small and looks very very old (I couldnt even begin to guess what kind it is... and its quieter than the filter... but evidently it works very well. Iv been having great luck with this stuff today I hope I dont jinx it. :)

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

A small stone will work well because, unlike a large bubble wand, there isnt many areas the air needs to get pushed into. Your air pump is enough to power the small air stone. Glad it works for you! and the fish will enjoy the increased oxygen (from the surface agitation ofcourse).

gumbii

by gumbii

the only reason i get air stones is for water circulation... if i feel like a tank is tale or something... i get an air stone... but i usually use bubble wands... i dig them into the substrate and rocks, and nothing but huge bubbles come out... i heart huge bubbles...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I just open up the venturi on my powerheads and the fish either swim against the jet of bubbles and water for exercise or turn around and get shot across the tank. It's kind of a playground for my gars. They love it.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Peter, my rasboras and pleco love the powerhead venturi... which is wierd they never responded much to air stones. prob the current

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think for some fish it's kind of like an exercise wheel you'd put in a mouse cage for fish.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Haha its funny you mention that..before I switched over to planted I had a bubble wand the full width of my 16gal that the cories loved to "slide down" sometimes for hours at a time, fun to watch.

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Before my Red Lobster(Cray) died he used to sit on top of the air stone and move claws and stuff all over his face. It looked like he was washing has face and taking a bath it was pretty funny.

New Air Stone

8 posts