[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Rescue fish? - RateMyFishTank.com

Rescue fish?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

fish123

Rescue fish?

by fish123

Does anyone take in rescue fish? Like fish that nobody wants anymore?

I've thought of doing it off of craigslist when I see fish listed on there or when there's a full setup but it also comes with the fish. Any dilemmas that might form from doing this? I would think possibly disease/parasite outbreaks so I would most definitely quarantine.

tetrafan

Re: Rescue fish?

by tetrafan

Sure, why not? That sounds like a great idea to me!

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Yeah I've taken in fish before off of kijiji (free ads site). Be prepared for fish that can't all live in the same tank... there was goldfish, a green spotted puffer, neon tetras, common plecos and several other species. I needed 3 different tanks to house them all. And I wasn't aware of each species before going to pick them up - only some of the fish were listed in the ad.

It's definitely not put me off though! I think it's awesome to rescue fish in need :)

fish123

by fish123

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Rescue fish?

5 posts