[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Woodcat info - RateMyFishTank.com

Woodcat info

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

_fins_

Woodcat info

by _fins_

I know that woodcats are nocturnal and hide in driftwood a lot but I was curious how much they actually hide? Will I basically never see it?

tetrafan

Re: Woodcat info

by tetrafan

They do come out at night, but I think how much you'll see it will depend on how secure the wood cat feels in its environment. So, plenty of driftwood/hiding places and a shoal of fish would help as well.

fish123

by fish123

They are pretty secretive. It's fun though when you do see your woodcat. It's almost as if you appreciate it more and treasure the moments you do see it if it hides alot. LOL.

I've had this experience with other fish and I wouldn't say I enjoy the secretive fishes any less than the outgoing ones.

nea7

by nea7

What's your interest in the wood catfish? Are you interested in small catfish in general or....? If you want an alternative that is less skittish my vote's for pictus catfish. Awesome little things. Well, not real little, think they max out at about 5-6"? But anyway, they're really cool.

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

_fins_

by _fins_

I dunno, I just like them! They're appealing in some way, maybe because they're different :?

I also find bumblebee catfish fascinating and they're fairly reclusive too, but that's alright.

I'll look into the pictus! Any other cool cats I should know about? :)

Woodcat info

6 posts