125 gallon Ick

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

outofexile

125 gallon Ick

by outofexile

My 125 gallon tank has ick, sigh! At first it was my 8" Severum he got sick and died during treatment. Then about 2 weeks ago my 3" Severum got Ick, he is now healthy but was not added to tank. Today my Female 7" Green severum has signs of Ick also. What I did was quarantined her into a tank added meds and turned heat to 85 degrees. My main tank I turned off 2 of my filters and left the xp4 running with bubbles running. I turned the heat to 85 degrees also. I will do 25% water changes every day for atleast 6 days while adding the meds every day. At the end of the week i will do a 50% -75% water change and clean all 3 filters. Thats if at the end of 6 days the fish look better. Can you please help me out and tell me what I can do or what I am doing wrong. Very thankful for the help.

DanDman18

Re: 125 gallon Ick

by DanDman18

Why did you turn off two of your filters? Also, does your quarentine tank have filters?

Alasse

by Alasse

Why quarantine 1 fish when you need to treat them all?

Unless the filters have carbon in them, do not turn them off! Even if they do have carbon, remove the carbon only and leave the filters running! You are gonna end up with filters that all the BB has died, as in no longer matured(or cycled if ya wanna call em that) and when you turn them on again can cause a ammonia spike.

Turn the heat up, and medicate as directed by the bottle

At the end i would not be cleaning all the remaining filters either. I would just be adding an internal crammed with carbon to remove any remaining meds.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Ick is easy raise the temp 5 or 8 degrees higher for a week or two gone.

125 gallon Ick

4 posts