Stocking?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

colwyn

Stocking?

by colwyn

So I restocked my thirty gallon today. How does this sound? Six Neon Tetras, 2 Corys, 1 Khuli Loach, 1 Angel, 2 Red Wag Platys, 1 Mickey Mouse Platy, 3 Black Mollies(Sailfin I think). That is my current stocking. Sound good?

natalie265
Site Admin

Re: Stocking?

by natalie265

Sounds good, but i would up the number of cories to at least five. These little guys really do better in groups. They are so cute to watch cruising the bottom of the tank in a little school.

colwyn

by colwyn

Okay, I added a bushynose pleco and three more tetras today. My new filter will be here Friday. An ehiem ecco 30 and a marineland penguin 350. Sound good for filtration? I hope to get more corries in a few Weeks. I was amazed by the color difference from the neon tetras from the store, the ones from the store were a lot paler than mine. I thought that teras were a good indicatorof water quality .

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

The filtration sounds good. I've really liked my canister filters.

Yes, they say that neon tetras are finicky about water quality. If they color up in your tank that is probably a good sign.

colwyn

by colwyn

They are already looking better, I didn't realize how big the marine land 350 actually was... Oh well, you can never have too much filtration.

Stocking?

5 posts