Would this Work?

21 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

colwyn

Would this Work?

by colwyn

Fish
1. Neon Tetras
a. 20

2. Guppies
a. 2 Males
b. 4 Females

3. Gorumis
a. 3

4. Ghost Shrimp
a. 10

In a 50 a gallon, with a Eheim Ecco Pro 80. And a bubbler for 25 gallons. Some live plants and ornaments. I really want to get a bigger tank. And want to do it right this time. Not buy a $80 10 gallon. I relalised after a week that it was not enough. Any suggestions, changes. Please help!

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Ha ha, you've caught the bug! Just wait...one 50 gallon soon won't be enough either! You could easily fit those fish in a 50 gallon. Sounds like a very nice stocking to me. Check craigslist or other local classifieds. You can probably find a 50 gallon for the same amount you paid for your ten!

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

looks fine

colwyn

by colwyn

Lol, my friend told me that a 10 wouldn't be enough, I should have listened. I have been checking craigslist everyday, on the lookout. Could I posibly put a Chichlid/Oscer? Some are very beautiful.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

leave out the Oscar

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

http://tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Com ... /index.php

above is an excellent link for fish compatibility (disregard the "saltwater" - click on the box, it will show freshwater as well)

I used the link for you - the results for an Oscar:

Search Results: The Oscar Cichlid should be kept in groups of 6 or more and is compatible with the Bala Shark, Clown Loach, Croaking Gourami, Firemouth Cichlid, Jack Dempsey, Pleco (Common), Silver Dollar, Sunshine Pleco L014, Texas Cichlid, Tinfoil Barb

Alasse

by Alasse

You could put 1, and 1 only Oscar in a 50gal (and then that depends on the tanks dimensions)

If you add one all your other fish WILL become food, as will anything small enough to fit in the Oscars mouth, and believe me an Oscar has a quite large mouth!!

Oscars are absolutely filthy, your tank will need to be extremely well filtered and you will have to do weekly waterchanges/gravel cleans.

Oscars are tank decorators, live plants generally get shredded and ornaments could end up anywhere. They are prone to attacking heaters also, so you will need a heater guard

I would advise against an Oscar

colwyn

by colwyn

For my 10 gallon, would this work? 2 Apple snails, 1 three-spot gorumi, 4 neon tetras, 3 silver tip tetras, a 1 red male crowntale betta?

Alasse

by Alasse

I would say no
10 gal is not very big. 3 spots can reach 6inches, too big for a 10gal tank

I would not put a gourami in with a betta, they are both labyrinth fish and generally do not get along.

4 neons is not a big enough school, you may find the fin nip the better, same goes for the silver tips

Apple snails and a school of neons would look nice

colwyn

by colwyn

I got a micro sword today at Walmart :-) and 5 neon tetras, they are tiny! maybe the size of my guppy fry. Should I really get rid of my gorumi, he gets along great with the tetras and snails. Right now, he is about 3 inches long, I have 9 tetras total, 2 glolight, 7 neon. Is this okay, my friend gave me this gorumi because it was eating his goldfish's tale, and snapping at his betta. I dont want to get rid of it, should I? Oh, the gorumi has taken a liking to the Micro sword. When I went to go take pics, my gorumi was puffy. One of my tiny tetras i got today was missing, what happened. Will a gorumi eat a tetra???? I am so angry!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!!
5318c-IMAG0106.jpg
52694-IMAG0108.jpg
82b22-IMAG0109.jpg
45b61-IMAG0110.jpg
c56e2-IMAG0111.jpg

Would this Work?

21 posts • Page 1 of 3