Fish Jail

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Ezeanes

Fish Jail

by Ezeanes

My sunshine peacock became aggresive these past two days and I had a 35gal hex tank broke down and for sale so I put it back in service . I used 20gal from my 75gal the fish lived in anyways and 15gal of fresh water I thank this will be safe for the fish and help with cycle. How long should I keep him sepprated befor I reinterduce back to 75gal I plan to rase fry in there when he is back in other tank or sold I like him one of my fav. but he cant hurt other fish "bad fish" so what do yall thank.
ea852-2011-10-09 20.13.48.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Water holds little if any beneficial bacteria. Gravel and filter hold the most.

The tank will not start or complete its cycle without you adding a food source to get the bacteria multiplying :)

Ezeanes

by Ezeanes

I put some bio noobs from one of my established tanks and I have my sunshine peacock male and two females in there so it should cycle fine? I thank I give him 2 weeks and see how he does and give the other fish time to heal. Will that be enough time or should I sale him and git another one I like the limenjake peacock

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

You should be okay on the cycle, but i'd be testing the water just to make sure you transferred enough of the established filter media to keep up with the fish. As for selling him or give him another go in the tank, i'm not sure how to advise you, but he is a pretty little jail bird. I can see why you are hesitant to give him up.

Ezeanes

by Ezeanes

I reinterduced sunny and he was still attacking all my fish. I decided to goahead and sale him being he mated with the female in the tank and shes carrying his babys. I got two ballon/angle rams and a small placo for my community tank. So hopefully his offspring will be nicer well till she has her babys tank looks empty I also put some fry from another fish in there so when thay git big enough to git pics ill post them but so far all tanks are peacefull now and running grate. thank you
54e04-733_2.jpeg

Fish Jail

5 posts