Help fish spitting out eggs!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

DanDman18

by DanDman18

I have right now a few female cichlids in their own tanks so they can care for their babies, but when i went to check on one of them i noticed she had none in her mouth, but there were a few dead baby fish/eggs floating around. I want to know if there is anything i can do to stop them from spitting them out because this is the second time. They were only a couple weeks old, not yet old enough to strip, because when i do that and put them in a tumbler they always rot. Help please any informantion is very helpful.

boylestd

by boylestd

Cichlids are known to have the first few batches of fry fail. They usually eat them. I would give them a few more tries before i tried anything else. Also I dont know if this would help, but try to leave the male in there as well. They usually swap turns looking after the brood. Hope this helps. Good luck.

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

i have more baby chiclids then i know what to do with so from my xperiences i can tell u the minute i notice a mom holding babies i put her in 10gallon ALONE!!! n on day 14 i strip but dont use tumbler i use a baby cage that just floats n i feed them crushed flakes from day 1 n in my xperiences the DAD tries to eat them through the cage so im not sure above statement would be wise ( just my opinion ) sorry.......good luck n b careful my last 2 batches were so big i bought a pirhana for population control ( which im sure ill get s#!t 4 ) BUT B4 U H8 think of how well fed my pirhana is...lol
8646c-pag011s_1.jpg

scott23

by scott23

I'm pretty new to all of this but just wanted to say that I love the above picture of the shirt its F**KING awesome :)

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

www.satanlovesyou.com 4 all ur evil needs...lol
8232e-InvertedStar666-B.gif
6b2ac-pentagram-satan-evil-hate.gif

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

:)
70b12-dornita01.jpg

6 posts