polleni (bleekeri) madagascar swallows flame back lake vict

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

nvdave04

by nvdave04

Well my polleni (bleekeri) just swallowed my flame back African cichlid and spit him back out 2 minutes later. The pollen is about 5 in and the flame back is about 3. Last night I just set up my new 100 gallon tank and put all of my fish I had In there for first time. I had a 51 gallon hex with a similar size front and the polleni. I also had a 30 gallon of smaller African cichlids such as Haps peacocks ranging from 1-3 in and transferred all of them to the 100 gallon with a total of 13 fish. They seem to be all doing fine until my friend said no shit the pollen swallowed the flame back.. I look and the tail is hanging out of his mouth for about 2 min. I tried to scare him and he wouldent spit him out lol. Well he finely let him go and now he seems to be swimming around like normal but the bottom of his stomach he has like a black blotch ? He never had that before so I'm kinda concerned? Is he internally bleeding or something wrong with him? Also the polleni I thought was a some what non aggressive fish? It was a crazy lol. Amazing he still alive but for how long ? Is this normal behavior for a polleni ? 100 gallons seems like enough space for that little fish? I have a ton of hiding places and holy rock and huge fake plants for cover ? Its my fiancee fav fish and I can't take him out bc I sold other tanks. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

neontank

by neontank

are you able to split the tank with a seperator screen with splits in it to keep water flow but have peace with the fish

2 posts