Food soak and enhancers?

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

Food soak and enhancers?

by dream2reef

Anyone start using these things and see a noticable difference? Like it hate it idk? Jus wondering before I buy and try a bunch. Anything to make my fish be even more colorful still.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

stay away from ALL chemicals as much as possible

Alasse

by Alasse

The garlic soak can be excellent for fish that maybe off their food. No harm in it at all.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I love garlic I'll just mince some up and boil in in some of their water and strain out the pulp! And some steak! Fillet Mignon. jk ill oogle it

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

natural garlic soak is okay - but when dream2reef said enhancers, I was thinking in terms of what comes out of a bottle for fish stores do sell food enhancers

but if you take natural garlic from the grocery and create a soak, that's cool

I am forever feeding the fish chicken, turkey, oysters, peas, raw ground beef - of course in extremely small portions in extremely minced up ways, so it's cool if you feed the fish with organic or grocery store food, just be careful not to overdue it

Alasse

by Alasse

Seeing as the fish food i use is processed (pellets/flakes/etc) with all sorts of additives, i cant honestly see where additives designed for use in aquariums would be overly harmful

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

well you know me Alasse - as natural as possible (((smiles)))

if I could eliminate flake fish food I would.....actually I am working on it, but I just do not like to overwhelm the good bacteria in the tank with too much human food plus most human food can be very fatty...but I am working on it, that is, to see what works best without upsetting the chemical balance

Alasse

by Alasse

I am not a scientist. I will continue to feed my fish proper balanced fish food, rather than messing with my own concoctions which could ultimately do my fish harm through my ignorance.

This is what happens to many owners who feed their dogs the RAW diet, they do it incorrectly and their dog ends up worse off with deficiencies popping up all over

Human food is by no means chemical free, nor is it designed for fish *L* Definately not something i would be playing with.

But good luck Yasher

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

thanks...I'll keep you up to date on the food project (((smiles)))

by the way, last night they had cooked beef liver - they loved it
Last edited by yasherkoach on Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alasse

by Alasse

I'll look forward to the updates for sure Yasher :)

Food soak and enhancers?

10 posts