new fish tank

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ehsan371

new fish tank

by ehsan371

hi can u look at the pic uploaded and tell me
does the tank look ok?
tank on a stable platform?
enough gravel etc?

this was my setup 6 months ago nothing changed really except an airstone init now thanks :)
d0aae-40951_1489840200558_1070571970_2308495_6363719_n.jpg

toxicbiscuitj28

by toxicbiscuitj28

Looks Pretty good, Have you tested the PH, AMMONIA, NITRATE & NITRITE?
Looks like it could use the tinniest bit more of gravel to make it flat and even. How many Gallon's is it? What is the Orange blob at the bottom right hand corner? You know, You can fill the tank up to the hood.
What do you plan to put into it?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

It looks empty!

tekneb

by tekneb

I agree with Natalie. Slap a black background on it and add some plants. I love the white gravel though.

ehsan371

by ehsan371

@toxicbiscuitj28 hi thanks for the confidence boosting all the pH ammonia are fine....see the orange bit those are my 2 little goldfish they were scared of me sine got them 2 hrs before posting the pic upgrading soon to a bigger tank in like 2 months :) and also i was scared filling up to the hood heard it can break the tank etc and cant afford another one right now for another 2 months.

@tekneb thanks i love the gravel as well

does the tank look on a stable platform? its on a big table

Alasse

by Alasse

I like the gravel uneven, much more appealing to the eye.

RE: stable tank....to me it looks like there is a slight gap in the centre of the tank, like it isnt resting on the table fully flat, if that is true, then that is a concern and could cause a tank failure

A background would look good on it, but not necessary if you dont want to. Some fake or live plants would help to make the tank look not quite as bare. A nice piece of wood maybe?

filling a tank to the top will not break the tank, all my tanks are filled to capacity, i much prefer to not see a waterline on my tanks. If the tank breaks because it has been fully filled, then the tank was either not placed properly or the tank itself was faulty.

ehsan371

by ehsan371

Thats the design of the tank
i hate the middle bit as well its like they want me to buy a specially stand made for the tank itself which is really expensive and thats why i dont want to put more pressure on the tank by filling it up more

tekneb

by tekneb

Its a 20 gallon tank right? Those weigh about 170 lbs when completely full. 170 lbs also happens to be about the avg weight of a fully grown human being. So if you would feel safe standing on that surface for an extended period of time without it breaking, the tank will be fine.

ehsan371

by ehsan371

its a 10 gallon upgrading soon to 15 in 2 months as previously said..........i just dont want to put more pressure on the tank incaase it breaks and spills on floor i live in a flast and it could damage the foundation of the houses i think..so i will leave as it is

Alasse

by Alasse

10gal is too small for 2 goldfish as it is. I definately would not be adding anymore decor, as this will take even more space from them.

You will need to upgrade the tank fo the goldies, or rehome them

new fish tank

11 posts • Page 1 of 2