Liquid test kit

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kevinh

Liquid test kit

by kevinh

Do the liquid test kits expire / go bad?

kevin

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

usually last a good 12 months as with flakes, always refrigerate all fish food and after one year throw out all flake or dry fish food

kevinh

by kevinh

Thank, I'll need to get a new test kit. Mine is over a year old. I'm starting my 4th week cycling and i've tested 16 times with the same reading 8.0 on ph and 0 on everything else. What does refrigerating the fish food do? thats a first for me.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

helps to keep the food fresh

Alasse

by Alasse

I freeze my algae disks, cause i buy 5kg at a time.

Never keep my fish food in the fridge, no need to if the lid is properly fitting and the container stays airtight.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

this is true Alasse...but if it's good for human food it's sure good for fish (in other words, it can't hurt)

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

But fish food is dry. Do you refrigerate your crackers, chips and cereal? God, you probably do. ;)

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I may not refrigerate those foods...but I have always with dry fish food, like I said, it can't hurt

Alasse

by Alasse

Actually it can hurt. At another forum i am on it caused the death of all of a guys fish.. Because the fish food was stored in a fridge where its damp, the food had a mould grow, fouling the food. Not the 1st case i have hear of this either

Yeah i'll stick with keeping it in an airtight container in the air, same place it stays (for who knows how long) until i buy it.

Liquid test kit

9 posts