Is this Ich

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

mzhantsche

Is this Ich

by mzhantsche

How do i know for sure if my tank has ich? Two of my fish have a single small white spot around their mouth. Kinda looks like pictures ive scene on the internet of ich. Is their a chemical test i can buy to figure this out?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

The presence of small, (.5 to 1.0 mm) white dots (kind of like salt) scattered about on the fishes' skin. Sometimes bobbing up and down with their head above the service again trying to get extra oxygen as ich infestations often start in the gills and this robs the fish of the ability to properly respirate. Fins are often held down and are clamped as well. As the he infestation progresses, the fish become more listless, loose color, and often develop secondary fungal and/or bacterial infections.
The parasite forms a nodule under the skin or gill of the fish host. It constantly turns and moves under the skin, feeding on destroyed cells and body fluids. It continues to feed on the cells until it matures, causing damage to the skin tissue.

so that description is the best way I can bring across to you what ich is

as for a chemical test? only observation of the fish will you know

dream2reef

by dream2reef

raise your temp 3-5 degrees F throw some salt in there and watch for a few days.
a8b8d-110 002.jpg

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

Found out that it was mouth fungus. Bought some chemicals to treat it and now my tanks all green.

Alasse

by Alasse

Great you know what your dealing with....hope all goes well for you and your fish :)

Is this Ich

5 posts