I have a 30 gallon fresh water tank that has been sitting empty because the last fish I had in there die off due to dease. I am planning to restart the tank and my hobby of keeping fish. I am not new to the hobby because I have been doing it since I was 7 with the same tank.
However I have never kept aquatic plants in my tanks and I have some questions;
1. Do the plants "clean" the tank as in get rid of the waste of the fish?
2. Will the plants increase the growth of algae in my tank?
3. Do I need anything special for the plants or will my filtration system be fine?
4. How well do plant react to water changes?
Those are the questions I can think of right off the top of my head.
Thank you to anyone who replies.
New to Aquarium Plants
Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.
- Posts: 625
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:37 pm
- Posts: 271
- Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm