Cory Randomly Died

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

prdoring

Cory Randomly Died

by prdoring

Hello there,
I was doing a water change and I just found one of my corys dead. He was one of the first fish I got, which put him at roughly 3 months. I cant figure out how he died, his body showed no signs of any disease and all the other fish are perfectly healthy... any insight?

GiantDogg

by GiantDogg

Water parameters?

bassdr17

by bassdr17

Same thing happened to my Gourami a couple of months ago.. Everyone else was and are still doing fine.. I couldn't find a reason or explanation.

prdoring

by prdoring

ph at 7.10
nitrites at 0
nitrates at 0

Cilla692

by Cilla692

did you provide any kind of sinking food for him? Also did you have just the one? They are schooling fish and will do better in groups.

prdoring

by prdoring

Sinking Alge Tabs/frozen bloodworms, he was with two others

Cilla692

by Cilla692

Well, from what your saying I don't think that it was anything you did. The only other thing I could think of would be age. Cory cats only live to be a few years old and unfortuantely you are not always buying young fish when you go to petstores.

bangme33

by bangme33

hi
ive had panda corys in my tank now for over 18 mths from when i 1st set it up, and ive never had any of the corys ive got die, and i have 4 different kinds in here my ph is 6.0 and they luv it but the best ones for activity are the albino (bronze corys ) without pigment, they are very active morning noon and night and keep ur tank clean of left ova food

Substraight

by Substraight

I know corys do best in groups of their own species. The other species of corys don't count.

Cory Randomly Died

9 posts