Tilapia just let fry out of her mouth.

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

My female (I think) tilapia who has had fry in her mouth for the past week or so just let them out after I removed the male to another tank. He was beating up on her too much, so I took him out, and minutes later there were hundreds of babies in a school! I took away about half of them to put with the other hundreds of baby mosquito fish so that I could guarantee their safety. Now she's got the remaining back in her mouth and only 3, 3 inch clown loaches to defend them against. I've been waiting to see the tilapias succeed in this for a while now.

prskiller

by prskiller

That's cool. If you can get some pics up of her and the fry that would be awesome.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I just got home and turned on the light to show my girlfriend, and there are none left as far as I can tell. Oh well! Thankfully I put half into another tank to raise them. I will have to wait till next time to get pics. They were sooooo cute! I'll get some pics of the ones I have as I'm about to stock a new tank and them, and the other fry will be the first inhabitants.

3 posts