Breeding of freshwater lobsters(crawfish) and shrimp

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

shroudedeye

by shroudedeye

Hey does anyone know the exact conditions required for breeding of fw lobsters and ghost shrimp? i have already set up my breeding tank but am unsure of when to put them in and what they will require

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've raised crayfish and FW shrimp for years and I've seen them both carrying eggs under their tails, but that was as far as it went. I'll look this up to see the stages of development. I wonder if a live breeder fish cage for the adult wouldn't be good so the babies could escape through the bars and not get eaten by the parent.

shroudedeye

by shroudedeye

Hey peter, i have two different tanks for shrimp. one is for the bigger ghost shrimps and another for the much smaller cherry red shrimp. ive seen them carrying eggs around for a long time and at one point i got some fake coral so that they would have lots of hiding places to lay their eggs. but its just not happening. as to the crayfish. i have absolutely no idea how to breed them. i am trying to breed my electric blues as they look absolutely stunning in the tank but it just looks like a distant dream as of now.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I haven't gotten around to looking this up. I'll ask my stepmother as she used to study crayfish behavior. She might know.

shroudedeye

by shroudedeye

sweet. thanks dude.

5 posts