new pics

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

new pics

by Peterkarig3210

here is my first attempt to take a pic of my tank.
bb2d1-fish tank3 (2).jpg

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hit reply on the above post to see the pic. Hope it works. This rough pic does not do it justice, but I'll try to get better ones soon. PK

kraigt

by kraigt

Another Tetra school fan, these guys are great as there so dosile and get along with many other fish.

love your plants, tank looks so natural

mro2you2

by mro2you2

nice.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

PK I see...3 kinds of moss??! You do great things with anubias. lol Dude I'll send you a money order to send me some of that stuff...I can't find anything around here but java moss. Don't get me wrong..jmoss is great its just...there's so many others that make my eyes go OoOooOooo.

Edit: I seem to be getting results with phosban already. The green spot algae which I battle in both of my tanks is on the decline, and the blue/green (cyano) is all but gone. Granted I removed most by hand and did a large w/c before adding the phosban to the filter. You've given me a renewed interest in my 16gal. :) Now I just need a glass diffuser and some champagne yeast.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I run my co2 through my canister filter. I also have a powerhead on with air venturi that blows off most of it, but I'm more concerned with keeping adequate oxygenation than steroid type plant growth.

I think my moss ball, which is not in the pic, has seeded itself onto the areas where the java moss is growing. The two sort of battle for exposure. I'd preffer if the moss ball kind stayed in a ball and didn't compete with the java.

This pic is only the middle third of the tank.

There's now about 19 cardinal tetras, 4-5 ottos, 2 black mollies, one 6 inch dojo, 1 coolie loach, 6 ghost shrimp, malaysian trumpit snails, and a handfull of ramshorn snails. The ramshorns don't multiply because something eats the eggs, so I add them so they can clean the leaves.

There were 3 black mollies I raised from fry. One was smaler than the other 2 and they would go around in a little pack picking at the plants and exploring. One night after a water change and new batch of yeast I found the small one gone. It bummed me out as the three were so cute together.

I'll try to get better pics today. My GF's camera is low on charge so we'll see. I want a pic that shows the whole tank so the composition can be seen.

I'm happy to hrar that your cayano is going away Tmercier. This planted tank thing may not be as difficult as a reef tank, but it's still a ballancing act.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

here's some more, though I can't work it right.
01b31-DSCN1562.JPG
df547-gar1.jpg
1cd11-tetras close up.jpg

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OOps. Anyway, hit reply in the previous poat.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

PK - you'll get better exposures with the flash and all lights but the tank lights off, if you find thats too dark put a shoplight to one side shining in or something (right up against the glass if possible), it'll really give you some better pictures. Is that a dwarf lily or red tiger lotus I'm seeing?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

The camera is out of charge and was very confusing for me to operate. Couldn't figure out how to turn off flash. The charger is in GF's storage locker, so I don't know when I'll be able to charge it and get her help operating it.

I also mistakenly downloaded 300 of her pics onto my computer through my Coral photo program in it's 60 day free trial last day which took a long time. I am not too familiar with computers, and I hate having to buy programs I thought came with the damned computer when I bought it.

I know the pics suck. I'd do better using a disposable film camera and just scanning the pics.

new pics

15 posts • Page 1 of 2