Can anyone solve this Question im asking?

30 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

Because i like it that way they been fine like that for 3 years now...and they get along great you DUMBASS....if you ain't here to fucking answer the question than get the fuck out dumbass!!! At leats my aquarium has life unlike your's bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bennyphan

by bennyphan

wow! Lets simmer down guys... haha! No need for name calling....... The question was answered. Lets move on, and lets remember, people ask questions because they truly know... Trust me I have asked some weird ones in my days....

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Y4ND3L- shut up you imp. you know NOTHING about Cichlids, In your profile you said " It includes some rocks and mainly fake plants since my fish apparantly dnt like them" you didnt know that cichlids dont like live plants!!!! And As for me with experience with cichlids I had them for 3 years, but I dont have it anymore because some idiot poored southes in my tank!!!!! WHAT NOW IMP!

Okiimiru

by Okiimiru

I'll start off by saying that I've never kept cichlids (my water is extremely soft). But I do keep bettas, and in the same tank with no aggression problems. Here's the logic behind how I do it:
Bettas, cichlids, wolf packs, humans, a lot of the social behavior is the same. I used to keep 3 male bettas and 8 female bettas in the same 55 gallon tank with my swordtails without anyone getting injured, and people would be amazed, and be like, "How is that possible?" The trick is, you gotta think about the fish like it's a person with an ego issue. The fish wants to feel like it's respected, ya know? So it'll bully another fish. But then the fish that got bullied doesn't feel respected, so it'll bully another fish. If you have two fish, then one will constantly pick on another. That's why you shouldn't keep only two female bettas together. If you've got three fish, then two will gang up on the third one. So three female bettas isn't a good number, either. If you've got like 5 or 6 female bettas, though, then no single fish is the underdog, and everyone feels like they get respect from someone. With 8 female bettas and one cave for each male, there was this sort of harem behavior going on, where each male had his own territory, and the females had their own territories, and everyone picked on everyone else but only to display social status, and no one got injured.
You've got to float the bettas in a clear plastic cup in the water for a few days, maybe a week, before adding them to the tank. They flare at one another and work out their dominance issues without anybody ripping anybody else's fins. Eventually they settle down. That's when you release them from the cups, all at the same time. Since no one was in the water first, there aren't many "You're invading my territory" squabbles, and the fish get along, and they have a hierarchy.

Why you see one fish snap at another fish, where they were just peacefully floating next to another is that the fish who snapped at the other one feels like it should be dominant, and the other fish should respect it. People do this to one another all the time, so it's not really a foreign psychology. It's just the hierarchy or respect in a wolf pack. The alpha wolf will pick on the others so that the others all respect it. If there's a balanced number of wolves, then no single wolf gets picked on too much.
Occassionally a single, bottom social hierarchy fish will emerge, where everyone else in the tank picks on that one fish. Remove the fish from the tank if it is getting beaten up or if the others won't let it get to food.

Okiimiru

by Okiimiru

Dither fish help lower aggression, by the way. When a betta tries to pick on a swordtail, the swordtail just looks at it like "What?" "I am bigger than you, and will not back down." And then betta is like, "Okay I'm sorry!" and swims away. If it had tried that on another betta, the other betta always takes offense, and there's at least a minor squabble between the two. Because a betta can't let itself get picked on without flaring back, or it would lose respect. So, my point is that dither fish are super important because all the bettas can feel like at least they're better than the swordtails (who don't flare back at all, making it a very inferior fish in the betta's mind).

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

THANKS GUYS FOR THOSE WHO REALLY HELPED!!!!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

Dumbass...."I said that I have fake plants "...well no shit....thats why I dont put real ones because they don't like them and makes your aquarium very messy....and u need to freaking chill as you can see nobody bothered you until you came and started what your little shit thats why some people don't like asking questons cause of fucking retards like you that fucking think they kno everything little piece of shit in the entire fucking world...so relax I clearly asked for some advice not some pussyass bullshit drama...I didnt ask for SHIT I asked for advice damn some ANNOYING ass people these days furreals so please get a life and anwser questions right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

Thanks Okiimiru for that closely resemblence of fish and people that really makes sense!!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

you need to chill with your launguage....

Can anyone solve this Question im asking?

30 posts • Page 2 of 3