Help

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm lost too. I didn't read that it died. I just know that I've been breeding tilapia for years and I believe they're similar to cichlids in their breeding and brooding. The female will look hungery, but she won't eat for weeks and can get pretty thin. You won't see the eggs or fry when she's holding as she will mainly keep her mouth shut.

Maybe thee was a PM in there for Mro2you2???

milky648

by milky648

OK let me say this again im not trying to confusse you. I have a male red zibra (african chilid) hes alsmost 6 years old. I have noticet that the last week he is really skinny. So i started to wach him what he eats, like i said he eats a few falks spits it out , blood worms , pellets, krill, and spits it out. But he eats somthing bc i do see a tiny wast string...but hes not gaining wight. I am going to go to the pet store they think it might be internal worms but if thats the case they all would have it right???

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Does it's lower mouth, or below the lips, does it look like there could be eggs in there?

Is it losing any coloration?

I guess if it's not holding eggs in it's mouth it could be old age. There comes a time for every fish when it's time to go.

I immortalize my favorite fish in the freezer. They dry out, but I can look at them whenever I want.

Whatever happens, there's no reason for weird arguments. We are all trying to do what's best for our fish.

Peace out! PK

GiantDogg

by GiantDogg

PK...You freeze your dead fish? (sorry for the hijack bro...had to ask)

jdak702

by jdak702

ya, a bit disgusting there:) i just give it a moment of silence and send it off two flushes. could always be a water issue. i'd say a water change would be the first thing to do if their is a problem.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

:LMO

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Yes! I freeze my favorite fish post mortem.

They freeze dry out really nice and look as if they could be placed up on the wall like people do with trophie fish.

They dry out completely and become light as a feather, but they also keep their color. There's no smell, and they're all in a box away from my food.

Actually, as they become completely dried out I could probably varnish them and put them up on the wall, though I think that would be a little weird.

milky648

by milky648

jdak Ive done a water cahnge hes eating alittel now but still skinny i know it will take a bit, i got some meds . i know hes old hes 6 years old,thnaks for the help

Help

18 posts • Page 2 of 2