Treating Pop Eye with ParaGuard. How long do I treat?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

beachywoman

by beachywoman

I started treating my tank with ParaGuard for one cichlid with Pop Eye. Within 3 days of use the pop eye has went away. How long do I leave the anitbiotic in there? When do i need to put the Carbon in to soak up any remaining meds? Or do I??

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I would follow the directions and dose as long as they say.

Then as a help for the fish's slime coat I'd check and see if you can add some non-iodised salt to the water. Most fresh water aquarium fish do better with a little salt as it helps them ward off future infections.

I'm not a cichlid expert, so check on this for them, but I think it's like 2 tablespoons per gallon, maybe teaspoons ( I forget.) for fresh water aquariums.

beachywoman

by beachywoman

Unfortunately there isn't a dose guide. The bottle actually said to treat as recommended as long as the fish are not showing signs of distress. That doesn't tell me anything. I checked out seachems website and doesn't go into detail either. My water alkalinity stays within range but i think I will do a little more research on that taking into account what u mentioned. Thank you for the response!!!

3 posts