5 days in

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

spunk

5 days in

by spunk

hi again people my tank has now been going for 5 days and plants are growing keeping up with the ferts etc.on the gravel in a couple of places and the wood there is patchs of white cob weby sort of stuff.
Any ideas of what it is ? woundering if perhapes i,m leaving light on for to long at this early stage 11 12 hour going to do a water change and put the lights down to 8.
Chears duncan.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

man I dont know. It could be your tanks crazy way of cycling.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/algae ... -help.html

here are a bunch of people talking about the same problem.....read it all it will tell you.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

Is the wood real wood? If it is the stuff on the gravel may of come from the wood.

I'm currently soaking a piece of mopani driftwood in a separate container to get out some of the tannins. I change the water a few times a day with hot tap water and about the 2 or 3 days ago a patch of milkly white slime formed on it. It kinda looked webby. I just scrubbed it off, rinsed the wood and soaked it again. It hasn't come back... yet.

I'm thinking its just something in the wood leaching out but I have no idea if its harmful to fish/plants.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

@mro2you2: Thanks!

spunk

by spunk

This bit of wood may well be that type its a root of some thing this white stuff started to form on the cut ends of the root and the bit that formed on the gravel is around where the wood is push in to bottom.

Promthanom

by Promthanom

go read the post that mro2you2 provided.. i think its the samething you got

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/algae ... -help.html

5 days in

7 posts