Angelfish bullying during feeding

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

My angelfish have begun depriving my bala shark of food during feeding time... all other times they leave him alone, but during feeding they don't let him come close to the surface. I tried flakes and sinking granules... unless they completely miss the granule falling (unlikely), then he is lucky to get one granule here and there during the week. Any suggestions on how to feed the shark?

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Yes. Maybe try to stick your hand don to the shark with some food

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

sponge - could you feed a couple different types of food? i.e. im going to assume the shark is a bottom feeder - -try some solid type sinking food and some flakes that will keep the angels busy - -maybe feed the angels on one side of the tank and "sneak" the shark some food on the other - - interesting problem let us know how you solve it, Boss

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

today i actually tried this theory of flakes on one side to distract the angels, while dropping granules on the other side for the shark... it worked for two pellets, the rest were hundted down by the angels!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

agressive eaters eh? if the shark gets sickly looking you might have to get a plastic strainer {like for spaghetti} and catch him under it for a couple hours and let him get a good feeding - - i say a couple hourse as he may need time to calm down after you catch him [lol if you can catch him] - -i'm just pullin ideas out of the air here sponge but it sounds logical although a bit unorthadox to me....poor lil fellas gotta eat man ..... - - another thought - -plexi glass is cheap - -might even get a scrap piece for nothin - -simply divide the tank while your feeding - -maybe they will figure out that flakes are for angels and the other stuff is off limits - - Boss

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

update:

I could not find a solution to the problem, and my bala was reclusing into hiding a lot and looking weak, so i felt bad and returned him to the store. Atleast he will get fed there and not have to look over his shoulder (fin, whatever).

levi8

by levi8

you should of scared your angel fish wit your net when they come up to the surface . thats what i had to do

7 posts