how do i clen my planted tank?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

vanscheck

by vanscheck

before the live plants i would clean my tank every month thouroghly, rinse the gravel to eliminate dirt(poop) but now since my tank is planted all i can do is pass the siphon but how will i clean the poop under the sand cause there isnt much space due to the number of plants i have and i cant pull out the plants cause its bad to uproot them right? what do i do? my tank parameters are good though
0 nitrate, 0 nitrite, ph 7, i forgot my gh and kh, but they were good too...should i just leave the tank and keep on siphoning?

gumbii

by gumbii

leave it alone... you can vacuum above the substrate... but just leave it alone...

stormer0719

by stormer0719

yeah you could get one of those ehiem vacumes and get the dirt and poop off the top and leave the rocks alone they are good for your fish.....they do need cleaned but i wouldn't think you want to go as far as you are saying you are with live or dead plants.

stormer0719

by stormer0719

or nearly as often in that extream

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I would bump up the cleanings to every two weeks, but no, don't disturb the plants.

vanscheck

by vanscheck

thanks for clearing that subject out for me...looks like ill be vacuumin from now on

6 posts